Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Author/Actor ANTHONY MONDAL talks about the Creative Spirit


First off, I want to say I apologize for the long, looong time between Creative's posts. Was a busy year last year, and simply didn't get around to posting interviews and information on some great Creatives I met last year. So...without further adieu...


I met Mr. Mondal at a B&N Michigan Author event about a year ago. He was a great pleasure to talk to. Friendly. Enthusiastic about his craft and what the rest of us crazed writers/creators were doing.

#

A BURST OF SUNSHINE is his second book of a collection of poems. He dedicated the book to his late parents and says: "They are long gone, but, somehow, life goes on and their beautiful memories are still scattered all over, like flower petals as blessings showering over my head."

The book is also dedicated to sensitive, kind and intelligent people: women, men, boys and girls from all walks of life. Anthony continues: "For in them lies the dreams, hopes and futures of a better tomorrow. Let Light prevail and Darkness be gone."

#

CREATIVES HELP BOARD: Welcome Anthony. What do you do from a Creative standpoint and why?

ANTHONY: I am basically a poet, novelist and actor, and sometimes I also write song lyrics, which to me is very similar to poetry. If you had mentioned to me in high school, that I would pick up writing and acting (mostly as out of work actor!) as a profession. I would stare at you in disbelief. I love to write and act…I almost feel compelled to do so, it is hard to explain. Anyway the academic life was always a struggle for me and I found it dull and boring. Using Imagination makes me come Alive! That is why I am probably still at it.

CRB: How do you keep this Creative passion alive?

ANTHONY: To keep Creative passion alive, on the long run is truly a challenge.  Individually it was a no brainer for me to drop out from 9-5 cubicle mentality and be a full time artist. But that necessarily did not mean the writing and acting world embraced me with open arms. My journey so far has been one full of struggles (financial, emotional) many sacrifices and dealing with rejections on a daily basis.  When I did get a bit of break …it would raise my spirits and hopes, but only to be disappointed down the road. At the end, all you hold onto is your body of work.

CRB: Is it important for us Creatives, us imaginators, to continue to pursue our passion in this day and age?

ANTHONY: Even more so than ever, Creatives and Imaginators are needed to Rethink and Reshape our world. To provide different perspectives and viewpoints, to engage in Arts that encourages dialogues and conversations that goes beyond national borders and our obvious human differences. Man does not live by bread alone (even if there are cakes of many varieties!) Let Artists re-imagine a world closer to our hearts desires.

CRB: What would you say to someone who hasn’t stepped out into the world, who wants to share their creativity like you do?

ANTHONY: I welcome them with open arms as they become a part of this creative tribe. Do not be discouraged. Let well established artists even help the younger ones, to reach their goals and destinations. More than taking classes and courses, jump into Life, say a resounding YES! to Experiences. If you want it bad enough……Go all the Way.

CRB: What is your greatest challenge in your creative endeavors and how do you overcome this?

ANTHONY: To be financially independent as an artist. Sadly we live in a financial world and I as an artist am not exempt from the basic survival necessities of life, like food, shelter and clothing. I have been working all sorts of blue collar jobs, since my graduation from Calvin College since 1995, to keep my body and soul intact. Honestly I am beyond tired. I guess I am living on hopes and prayers.

#

AUTHOR BIO

Anthony Mondal is a modern poet, novelist and actor. He considers himself simply as an artist beyond the confines of nationality and religion. He published his first book of poems under a different name. The collection of poems was titled Dialogues With My Self (ISBN 1-58915- 022-8). His most recent book of poems was titled A Burst of Sunshine which is his second published book (Nov 2012). He lived in New York City for over ten years pursuing writing, acting and song writing. He received his BA from Calvin College in 1995. He currently resides in Michigan, USA. He also has worked upon a number of poetry videos while living in London, UK (The Blessed Rain, Who will Fix it Who will Mend? and Wake up Call ) which are currently on YouTube. At present he is working on an existential novel tentatively named "In Search Of...." and a memoir and other writings. Anthony Mondal’s book is available on Amazon as well as on Rose Dog Books (his publisher). A Burst of Sunshine is also available in Great Lakes Commonwealth Of Letters (GLCL) Library in Grand Rapids, in Clarksville Public Library, and North Muskegon Walker Branch Public Library.

AUTHOR LINKS





No comments:

Post a Comment